Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Breathe !

Today I can finally take a breath and say . . . I have NOTHING to work on (for at least a week).  I will actually have time to sit down, and write out a meal plan for Kalen and I for the month, and play with Little Lilly :)  Lillard Custatio made a quick appearance this morning, after a BRIEF pee in the rain.  I don't know how those little legs can carry her across the floor so fast.  Technically I have things that I COULD be doing. . . BUT. . . I need a mental health week.  For some reason, I felt like going BACK to school and getting my masters in Rehabilitation Counseling was a good idea. (I still do think it is a pretty good idea i'm just burnt out so ignore my whining).  After a semester and a half of paper writing, test taking, and researching, I think it's safe to say I've blown the dust out of my brain and it's actually working again!  It's amazing how easy it is to let your brain slip.  After I graduated college, It was so nice not to have homework, to be able to sit down and watch tv, and do whatever it was I wanted to do without having some approaching deadline weighing on my mind.  However, being 5 years removed from my undergraduate career I'm beginning to see that those deadlines kept me on my toes and kept my mind fresh and ready to go.  I find that I'm enjoying sitting with the tv off, with music on, either reading a book ( The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz is wonderful BTW), or studying.  I would add a glass of wine to that scenario, but I've given up alcohol, along with fast food and soda for lent this year.  After Easter, maybe we'll add that glass of wine, and an open window.  So anyway, back to my relaxing week ! I'm going to head to West Virginia to see my mom, and grandmother in my new car (Beep Beep) with Little Lilly.  I'm actually looking forward to the tip. Weirton doesn't have much to offer, AT ALL, but I haven't been home since christmas, and even then it was a rushed trip so it will be nice to hang out at home and do nothing but visit friends and eat DiCarlo's Pizza (the BEST pizza EVER). And NO DiCarlo's is NOT fast food. And if it were, i'm sure God would forgive me because I only get to eat it a couple times a year and it's really THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment