Monday, April 18, 2011

Boutique me !

Well, I think it's finally spring! It actually felt more like summer today, the high was 85 in Lexington today, which means we are probably due for a snowstorm next week.  Since Kalen was out of town all weekend I found it a lot harder to sleep in.  I was up pretty early on Saturday.  The best of the Bluegrass was this weekend.  The Best of the Bluegrass is basically a weekend full of events that celebrate Kentucky  It was opening weekend at Keeneland Race track, the first weekend for the farmers market, Maker's Mark had a bar crawl, there was a chili cook off, free concerts by local artists etc . . . despite the storms we had Saturday...what a great weekend for it.  I went to the farmer's market early Saturday morning, then stopped by some local boutiques that I've been wanting to check out. . . but neither of them were open.  It was 11am, so I can't imagine what kind of hours they have if they weren't open by then.  It's no wonder they all go out of business. Anyway, I went to a friends later in the day to help she and her hubby lay down some laminate floors. . . aka hold their sweet baby girl and keep her entertained while they laid down their new laminate floors :).

I now have more respect for baby mama's .... I was SO tired and my back was killing me after just a few hours of entertaining that sweet little one. I can't imaging doing it all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment